Monday, June 25, 2012

Civil War Quilt

I tried to post last night but it would not happen so I'll try again tonight. We had a sewing day on Saturday pm I managed to finish piecing my top. Now I'm wondering whether to give it a border and if so 2 or 4 inches. It will be in the dark brown of the corner stones.

Also finished a large quilt on the frame. It was a relief to get it done. The largest I have had on the frame so far.

On the home front, Paul was driving my car on SAturday am when an uninsured driver pulled out in front of him. About $3,000.00 damage. What a pain in the butt.

An while I'm having a moan, I am owed back pay from Feb last year until April this year when my payrate was changed, and I am still waiting on payroll to work out my back pay. How long should it take. It is over two months now. Perhaps they will pay interest, but then I would have to wait even longer for them to work that out.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A nice loaf our sourdough that I baked at the weekend. Not much of it left now.

Front and back of a quilt that came off the frame Friday and another from Thursday

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Civil War Quilt

Satirday was pay day for my local group. I worked on putting more blocks together and then started to assemble the rows. We have a great venue for our activities. Its a ladies bowls club, in the middle of a farm on a hill that overlooks the coastline. Fantastic.

The photo above was taken at an earlier play day thhis year. The wonderful view is just over the fence. I will get a photo of the view whan we are there next.
Cheers Edie

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Civil War Block quilt

I worked on sashing for this quilt yesterday. Its from Barbara Brackmans civil war quilts blog. All of the blocks were made last year and I have been working on it on odd occasions since then. It will have dark brown corner stones. When I laid it out I thought I had lost three blocks.Uhh.. But then found them sitting on the table where I has put them Duh..When I started to cut the corner stones I cut then too big. Cut 2 1/2 and should have been 2 inches. That was easy to fix.